Am I in Control of Stress or Is Stress Controlling Me?

Am I in Control of Stress or Is Stress Controlling Me?

  • When I feel agitated, do I know how to quickly calm and soothe myself?
  • Can I easily let go of my anger?
  • Can I turn to others at work to help me calm down and feel better?
  • When I come home at night, do I walk in the door feeling alert and relaxed?
  • Am I seldom distracted or moody?
  • Am I able to recognize upsets that others seem to be experiencing?
  • Do I easily turn to friends or family members for a calming influence?
  • When my energy is low, do I know how to boost it?
source : The Language of Emotional Intelligence by Jeanne Segal, Ph.D.


Top Ten Stressful Life Events
  1. Spouse’s death
  2. Divorce
  3. Marriage separation
  4. Jail term
  5. Death of a close relative
  6. Injury or illness
  7. Marriage
  8. Fired from job
  9. Marriage reconciliation
  10. Retirement


Source: Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory

0 comments:

Post a Comment