Frozen Grapes

Frozen grapes are probably my favorite healthy snack. I have a huge sweet tooth, so I'm always looking for healthy choices for sweet snacks. I was tipped off to frozen grapes by a fellow co-worker. She saw me eating a bowl of grapes and asked if I had ever froze them. I thought she was crazy! She insisted that I put a small amount in the office freezer overnight. The next morning I came into the office, opened up the freezer and bit into one of the frozen little orbs. It was like a sweet little candy and the taste was amazing! The inside of the grape attains a nearly creamy consistency when frozen. The sweetness is also magnified! I have been freezing grapes for years now and they are on the top of my list for healthy snacks.

There is also a great snack tip for freezing grapes. They take longer to eat than regular grapes, so in all likelihood you’ll eat fewer. Not only do they taste amazing, but they are also very good for you and provide quality nutrients. Grapes contain beneficial compounds called flavonoids, which are phytonutrients that give the vibrant purple color to grapes, grape juice and red wine; the stronger the color, the higher the concentration of flavonoids.

These flavonoid compounds include quercitin, as well as a second flavonoid-type compound (falling into the chemical category of stilbenes) called resveratrol. Both compounds appear to decrease the risk of heart disease. Grapes are also excellent sources of manganese and good sources of vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), potassium, and vitamin C.

Serving: 1 cup
Calories: 104
Fat: 0g
Carbs: 27g
Protein: 1g

source : shapefit

0 comments:

Post a Comment